People often ask how to move Overseer Network Monitoring Software from one computer to another– maintaining all their configuration settings, data, etc. This is actually a very easy process.
- Close the Overseer application if you have it running
- Stop the Overseer Service(this can be done in the Services MMC under computer management)
- Navigate to c:\Program Files\Overseer 4\Data\ and copy all the files to a safe location
- Un-install Overseer from this computer
- Install Overseer on the destination computer
- Stop the Overseer service on this destination computer
- Copy the files that were copied out in step#3 above into the same directory on the destination computer
- Start Overseer on the new computer
This should maintain all configuration settings, historical data, etc. You can apply your license by going to Help->License… and entering your license information you received in your original Email.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us using the support link above. Thanks.