Adds toolbar below menu for easy access to frequently used functions
Overseer has always been a simple-to-use network monitoring tool, and as such, I’ve kept the interface rather simple. I personally didn’t see users accessing items in the drop-down menus often enough to justify a toolbar. However, some users definitely do access functions up there, and generally it’s just a lot faster when a user actually does.
So, with Overseer 5.0, I’ve added a toolbar:
This toolbar offers a few icons:
- New Resource – this option lets you add a new resource to Overseer. Clicking it will show a drop-down of all the different resource types.
- Resource Groups – clicking this option will allow you to edit/add/delete your resource groups
- Notifications – clicking this option will allow you to edit/add/delete your notifications
- Notification Groups – clicking this icon will allow you to edit/add/delete your notification groups
- Passwords – Clicking this icon on the toolbar will let you add/edit/delete your passwords/credentials
- Schedules – If you select this icon, you’ll be able to add/edit/delete your schedules.
- Options – This option presents an easy way to access the Tools->Options section.
- Service Running – This displays the current status of the Overseer service. Clicking it when it says ‘Service Running’ will stop the service. Clicking it when it says ‘Service Not Running’ will start the service
- Help – This will launch the help file.